Dr. Arika Bansal is a highly experienced doctor with immense expertise in hair transplantation. She is a medical graduate and gold medallist from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi, India. She successfully completed her MD Dermatology from the prestigious AIIMS, New Delhi. She has been doing hair transplantation since 2008 and has successfully treated 4500 patients and counting. She specialises in female hair transplant, good coverage with limited donor among others.
MBBS, MD (AIIMS, New Delhi)
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS)
- Diplomate of American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS)
- Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons (AHRS)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India (ACSI)
- Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL)
- Co-authored book ‘Step by Step Hair Transplantation’ in 2018.
- Dr. Bansal is also co-author of Direct Hair Transplantation technique along with Dr Pradeep Sethi which is a modified version of FUE.
- Recently she was asked to participate in the 2018 WLSW by ISHRS held in March, Dubai. She lectured and demonstrated on live surgery of sharp FUE extraction. She is active in research and training related to hair transplantation.
- In the span of three years of her MD Dermatology, she published 12 papers both nationally and internationally.
- Sethi P, Bansal A. Direct hair transplantation: A modified follicular unit extraction technique. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2013;6:100-5.
- Bansal A, Kumari R, Ramam M. Fixed drug eruption due to cross reaction between two azoles used for different indications. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2008; 74(1): 81.
- Khandpur S, Bansal A, Sharma VK, Bhatti SS, Singh MK. Twenty nail dystrophy in vitiligo. J Dermatol 2007; 34: 189-92
- Khandpur S, Bansal A, Ramam M, Sharma VK, Das AK, Singh MK, Prasad HK. An unusual presentation of cutaneous tuberculosis: Verrucous tuberculid mimicking Kyrle’s disease. Int J Dermatol 2007; 46: 1298-301.
- Sharma VK, Sethuraman G, Bansal A. Evaluation of photopatch test series in India. Contact Dermatitis 2007; 56: 168-9.
- Sethuraman G, Sugandhan S, Bansal A, Das AK, Sharma VK. Familial pigmented purpuric dermatoses. J Dermatol 2006 Sep; 33(9): 639-41.
- Bansal A, Sethuraman G. Lymphangioma circumscriptum of the tongue. Indian Pediatr 2006 Jul; 43(7): 650-1.
- Verma KK, Bansal A, Sethuraman G. Parthenium dermatitis treated with azathioprine weekly pulse doses. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2006 Jan-Feb; 72(1): 24-7.
- Khaitan BK, Bansal A, Bhat R, Das AK. A neurofibroma with an unusual morphology. Acta Derm Venereologica 2006; 86: 266-7.
- Malhotra A, Bansal A, Verma KK, Khaitan BK. Large superficial basal cell carcinoma on face treated with imiquimod 5% cream. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2006; 72: 373-5.
- Verma KK, Tejasvi T, Verma K, Sethuraman G, Bansal A. Severe mucocutaneous Behcet’s disease treated with dexamethasone pulse. J Assoc Physicians India 2005; 53: 998-9.
- Sethuraman G, Fassihi H, Ashton GH, Bansal A, Kabra M, Sharma VK, McGrath JA. An Indian child with Kindler syndrome resulting from a new homozygous nonsense mutation (C468X) in the KIND1 gene. Clin Exp Dermatol 2005; 30: 286-8.
- Presented ‘Invited Guest lecture’ about how to cover maximum area with minimum number of grafts at the annual ISHRS meeting held at Los Angeles, in 2018
- Invited as Faculty at World Live surgery workshop in the field of Hair transplant held at Dubai, in 2018
- Presented a video demonstration of using inhalational Nitrous oxide anesthesia as an alternative to local anesthesia for PRP therapy at the annual ISHRS meeting held at Los Angeles, in 2018
- Invited as Faculty at Sharp FUE workshop held at Annual ISHRS meeting, held at Chicago in 2015
- Presented a video demonstration on fast FUE extraction of 100 grafts in less than 3 minutes with no transection at the annual ISHRS meeting, held at Malaysia in 2014
- Third Indian and first north Indian doctor to clear the prestigious American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) exam held at Houston, Texas, in 2014.
- Attended Orlando Live surgery workshop 2013, for honing her skills and learning from the world’s most renowned veteran hair transplant surgeons.
She practices hair restoration at Eugenix Hair Sciences, present in four major cities across India; which she and her husband Dr Pradeep Sethi co-founded.
The IAHRS is an organization whose membership is limited exclusively to state-of-the-art hair restoration surgeons. The IAHRS is the patient’s advocate, the ethical physician’s voice, and the standard for the profession.